With the onset of the recent pandemic, businesses have enforced work from home culture. Hence, many of us have to convert a part of our home into functional office space. Also, we spend a significant part of our day in our offices and workplaces. It is essential to keep it clean and organized. It is critical for a good impression and enhances better productivity. So, here is a detailed cleaning checklist for homes and offices.
We know that hiring an expert cleaning service or commercial air duct and dryer vent cleaning Smyrna, GA is pretty expensive. You may use a comprehensive home and office cleaning checklist to rationalize your cleaning tasks and enjoy great results.
Checklist For Office
Declutter the Space
The foremost thing you must to do is to declutter your home and office and here is how you can achieve it:
- Never leave your office supplies and stationery around. Please keep it on allocated shelves, and make sure to organize it.
- Use a large filing cabinet to organize your papers. However, in these modern times, you can do things online.
- Install a whiteboard or dry-erase board to take notes or list down ideas. You may take snaps of the boards using your smartphone to save them. You can erase the board and use it again. So, you should try to be paperless.
- Then, place bins around your office space to help declutter and organize your space.
Since you have cleared the clutter, you can start with your office cleaning:
Start Cleaning Shelves
- Shift all books, magazines, and knick-knacks from the space. After that, you should thoroughly dust it. It is always a great idea to begin cleaning from the top to downwards.
- Then, use a soft bristle brush to wipe off any dust. Then, place the books back in an organized manner.
- Take a damp microfiber to wipe clean your table, legs, and other furniture. You may also use it to clean your computer, CPU, telephone, and other electronics items.
- After that, disinfect all surfaces, including keyboards, headsets, and chords.
- Chairs are usually filthy. So, you should clean it using a cloth and cleaner. You may attach a brush to your vacuum cleaner to wipe the fabric chairs. Then, wipe clean the chair arms, legs, and back.
- Then, dislocate heavy furniture pieces and electronics items to vacuum clean every space of your home and office.
- If you are very conscious about cleaning, you may vacuum your curtains and blinds by using the vacuum cleaner’s brush attachment. However, if you plan to deep clean your office, you may get your curtains washed.
- Next, you may wipe out the fixtures of your home with the help of an extendable duster or microfiber cloth.
- Then, use a window cleaner to wipe off your window surfaces.
Some organizations have in-house cleaning staff, while others outsource it to a cleaning agency. However, you need to have a specific and comprehensive daily, weekly, and monthly task list that will help you maintain supreme cleaning standards.
Daily office cleaning tasks involve a reception, toilets, restrooms, kitchen, and pantry checklist. The preferred cleaning methods include vacuum cleaning, mopping, and dusting to maintain a spic and span office space.
For the office reception space:
- Vacant the garbage bins and replace old garbage bags with new ones.
- Then, vacuum shields and webs
- Next, wipe or vacuum concrete floor surfaces
- After that, dust furniture, office items, and electronics
- Then, sterilize highly touched surfaces with a disinfectant
- Next, wipe off the glass windows and entrances
- Wipe down various surfaces and dividers
For the toilets and restrooms:
- Fill up the paper towel, toilet paper, and hand soap.
- Then, sterilize washrooms and urinals
- Next, wipe off mirrors, windows, and glass surfaces using a window cleaner
- Also, sterilize washroom surfaces, like handles, taps, sink, towels, and hand dryers
- Then, wipe down the divisions and spray the watermarks
- Use a mop to clean tiles and floors.
Kitchen or Pantry:
- Vacate the garbage bins and put in new garbage bags
- Then, wipe off counters, sinks, tables, and chairs
- Next, wipe clean the microwave oven, electric kettle, coffee maker, and other kitchen appliances
- After that, fill up kitchen towels, dishwashing liquid, and hand soap.
- Also, use a mop to clean kitchen floors.
If you wish to have the best cleaning results, you should follow the below weekly tasks:
- Use a polish for all hard floor surfaces.
- Then, wipe down the exterior glass surfaces.
- Next, sterilize and thoroughly clean refrigerators, microwaves, and other appliances.
- Also, sterilize consoles and telephones.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean mats, rugs, and carpets.
- Scrub clean the washroom and kitchen sinks and tiles
Here is the list of monthly office cleaning tasks you should follow every four to six weeks:
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean HVAC vents and office furniture. However, if you see any damage or problem in the system, you may seek the help of a pro and call Air Duct Repair and Replacement Smyrna GA. Wipe clean window covers.
- Dust down and sterilize hard-to-reach or enclosed places like the top side of the windows, cabinets, and ceiling fans.
- Use a good quality polish for all wooden surfaces.
- Ensure to declutter drawers, cubbyholes, storerooms and remove unusable papers and files. You should organize the papers, files and stationery.
Checklist for Home
- Wipe off any countertops, sinks, and cabinet
- You should clean appliances like the fridge, microwave, and others.
- Clean Stovetop
- Mop the kitchen floor
- Take away rugs and wastebaskets.
- Take off all the things from the tub or shower.
- Place a bath mat in the tub or shower.
- Rinse the tub or shower walls with hot water
- Use tile cleaner for floors.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner spray for toilets, vanity, shower, tubs, or mirror.
- Scrub sink and tiles
- Wipe off cabinets, countertops, shower tracks, soap dishes, mirrors, and bath mats
- Replace carpets, rugs, and wastebaskets
- Use a glass cleaner and wipe the glass surfaces using newspaper.
- Use a professional squeegee to clean hard-to-access windows.
- Clean the window screens by taking off the frame and scrub using an all-purpose cleaner
Also Read: A Complete Guide on Vape Dripping